This vision offers possibilities for a radical paradigm shift – not utopia, but a culture in which life’s challenges are met with kindness, generosity and courage, and we continue to directly cultivate who and what we are as human beings.
With the great problems facing human society, it seems increasingly important to find simple and non-sectarian ways to work with ourselves and to share our understanding with others. The Nirvanic vision is one such attempt to encourage a wholesome existence for ourselves and others.
Remember the parable of someone dying and going to hell. Hell is depicted as thousands of angry, frustrated beings all around a full cauldron of soup. They have huge spoons that are so long it is impossible to reach their mouth with it. Thus they are all starving (hungry ghosts), angry (hell beings) and miserable. Next the same person is taken to experience heaven. Astonishingly, the scene of the large soup cauldron and the long spoons is exactly the same. However, the people are happy, joyful and well fed. Why? They are using the long spoons to feed each other, and thus everyone is taken care of.
Cooperation instead of separation is the future we are helping to bring to our world. Sat sang is offered twice weekly, in the form of lecture and discussion and chanting, and also at retreats. Do not miss the wonderful opportunity to sit in the company of Shantiji and others.
Believing that there is a global community of people committed to actively creating a more compassionate and enlightened world, together with her encounter with the Western world, and based upon the specific wisdom imparted from Vedanta, Yoga and Buddhism, as a resource for individual and cultural virtue, Shantiji set out to create a place in the world in which enlightened world citizens can lead meditative lives of bravery, gentleness and intelligence, where they act with responsibility and delight in caring for one another.
The Shanti Yoga view is that every human being has wholesomeness, warmth and intelligence as their fundamental nature. This nature can be cultivated through the wisdom practices of yoga and meditation and it can be further developed in daily life, so that it radiates out to family, friends, community and society. Through the Shanti Yoga practices we cultivate the capacity to be fully open to our experience, and the ability to respond to everyday life situations with greater clarity and respect.
Whilst, during the course of our lives, the wholesomeness can easily become covered over by doubt, cynicism, fear and egotism, the journey of becoming fully human means seeing through those habitual patterns and waking up to our natural intelligence.
It takes kindness to ourselves and others, and courage to wake up, when we are so deeply asleep. However, when we do, we discover the world to be naturally sacred, wholesome and full of interest and beauty. We begin to clearly see and acknowledge the wholeness and wisdom of others, and to feel compassion to help them in myriad ways.
Inspiring enlightened society, the Shanti Yoga community exists to support for those who aspire to follow this path. Members feel part of a connected community devoted to a way of life worth spreading and the pursuit of their unique 'one wish to change the world'.
- One World. The future (creation) is based upon the opposite of war, which is destruction.
- Respect the life and dignity of every living being without discrimination or prejudice.
- Reject violence in all of its forms and towards all beings.
- Resolve conflict with grace and graciousness.
- Reconcile differences and pursue harmony.
- Support freedom of expression and cultural diversity.
Weekend rest and restore retreat: Friday evening for dinner to Sunday aftgernoon, after lunch. Experience the perfect mini break.
Located within the extensive grounds of Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary, on the beautiful Beechmont mountains of S.E. Queensland, this retreat has it all: Yoga, Ayurveda, mindfulness and sumptuous vegetarian meals to allow you to focus simply on connecting with yourself whilst you regroup and recover.
The Queenslander house is amidst lawned surroundings, with natural bushland beyond. You will have a plenty of time to explore the property and take nature walks or laze around with a book.
The retreat is not boot camp and is suitable for all levels, from complete beginners to advanced practitioners with our teachers tailoring to your individual requirements.
Our fully accredited teachers have the knowledge and experience to provide you with relaxing yoga classes in the morning, restorative deep relaxation (yoga nidra) afternoons at retreat, and a wind down class each evening to ensure your night is peaceful and restful.
All meals are carefully prepared with an emphasis on ‘scrumptious’ and ‘healthy’.
- Ayurvedic Herbal Medicines
- Body and Soul Vegan Lunchboxes
- Seven day home detox choorna
- Cold and Flu choorna (K)
- Nirvana Breakfasts
- Pain relief choorna (V)
- Pure Shanti Chilli Pickle (hot and spicy - best for Kapha)
- Pure Shanti Date and Tamarind Chutney (Sweet and sour - best for Vata)
- Pure Shanti LIme pickle
- Pure Shanti Mango Pickle
- Pure Shanti Nirvana Chai
- Pure Shanti Choornas - for vata, pitta and kapha
NIRVANA PURE SPRING WATER
- Dragon Balm
- Pure Shanti Bowel cleanse choorna
- Pure Shanti Pain relief choorna
- Pure Shanti Pain Relief Oil
- Pure Shanti Blood Purifier (internal medicine)
- Love your Skin Moisturiser
- Pure Shanti Blood Purifier (internal medicine)
- Pure Shanti Soap
- Pure Shanti Shampoo
- Pure Shanti Conditioner
- Pure Shanti Gum Powder
- Stainless Stee or Copper Tongue Cleaner
- Pure Shanti Whitening Toothpaste
INNER PEACE PUBLICATIONS
ONE WORLD PRODUCTIONS
WEARABLE ART. JEWELLERY AND SHANTI YOGA GEAR
DARSHAN: PHILOSOPHY, SPIRITUALITY, MEANING
Guided Meditation, Inspirational talk, Fellowship & Dinner
|Dec 31-7 Jan||Jan 2018||8 days, 7 nights||The Calling of Joy: How to live, love, laugh and last a lifetime. Relax and Rejuvenate. Celebrate the good life with the sacred paths of Yoga and ayurveda - detox available|
|1||January||One day||Breathing Space. Day of Noble Silence and fruit and juice fast.|
|2-4||February||Weekend F-Su||Calm Abiding. Silent meditation retreat.|
|9-11||February||Weekend F-Su||Mindfulness Meditation retreat with Shantiji @ Jumbunna Lodge, Launching Place, Yarra Valley, Victoria.|
|16-18||February||Weekend F-Su||Believe in Yourself, Transform your Life|
Finding Meaning, Passion and Purpose in the pursuit of Happiness
29 March - 8 April
30 Mar - 2 April
10 days, 9 nights
4 days, 3 nights
4 days, 3 nights
Mindful Living, Mindful being - detox available
Intensive Peace. Easter Vipassana retreat. Silent Meditation retreat
Bhagavad Gita discourses: The original conversations with God
Mind, Body, Spirit and the seven spiritual laws of healing
|11-13||May||Weekend F-Su||Emotional Wellbeing. Spiritualising Anger and Cultivating Shakti. Lojong.|
|1-3||June||Weekend F-Su||Cultivating Mindfulness. Living happily in the Present. Silent Meditation retreat|
|15-17||June||Weekend F-Su||Cook, Taste, Heal. Healthy Mind, Healthy body. Vegetarian Cooking retreat|
|6-15||July||10 days, 9 nights||Profound Healing, Sustainable Wellbeing. Where Science meets consciousness. Ayurvedic detox retreat|
Cook, Taste, Heal. Healthy Mind, Healthy body. Cooking retreat
Training the Mind in Relational Intelligence. Katha Upanishad. Silent Meditation retreat
|17-19||August||Weekend F-Su||Believe in Yourself, Transform your Life|
|7-9||September||Weekend F-Su||Finding Meaning, Passion and Purpose in the pursuit of Happiness|
|21-30||September||10 days, 9 nights||Profound Healing, Sustainable Wellbeing, Where science meets the healing arts. Ayurvedic detox retreat|
|12-14||October||Weekend F-Su||Love is the answer, Peace is the way. Silent Meditation retreat|
Emotional Welllbeing: Spiritualising Anger, cultivating Shakti. Lojong
|7-9||December||Weekend F-Su||Peace in every breath. Silent Meditation retreat|
|16-21||December||6 days, 5 nights||Perennial Wisdom for the Spiritually Independent|
27 Dec - 3 Jan
|Dec - Jan 2019||8 days, 7 nights||The Calling of Joy: How to live, love, laugh and last a lifetime. Relax and Rejuvenate. Celebrate the good life with the sacred paths of Yoga and ayurveda - detox available|
|3-10||January 2019||8 days, 7 nights||
The Art of Living the Good Life. Reclaiming the ability for immense wonder and excitement in the ordinary.
|10-13||January||4 days 3 nights||This is it. Mindfulness and Inner Peace.|
|Weekend F-Su||How Karma really works: Virtue is it's own reward.|
|Weekend F-Su||The Yoga Sutras|
- Aromatherapy: Research suggests that breathing in antimicrobial airborne volatile organic compounds that trees produce, called phytoncides, stimulates the immune system, resulting in increased levels of cancer-fighting natural killer cells.
- Better air quality: Trees purify and oxygenate the air, and if you're surrounded by them on all sides, you're likely farther away from sources of air pollution than if you were in an urban area.
- Less noise pollution: Similarly, if you're in a natural area, you're likely to be farther away from loud industrial noises, traffic, crowds, etc. than you would be in a city. Constant noise is stimulating to the adrenals and senses and can leave you stressed and cognitively depleted.
- Aesthetics: We've all (I hope) had the experience of feeling powerfully drawn to the beauty of nature and research has shown that simply looking at pictures of nature can produce cognitive benefits. It may be that the colour green vibrates on a relaxation-inducing frequency. Another possibility is that looking at the fractals i.e. geometric forms containing patterns that repeat as the form is magnified found widely in nature, also bring us pleasure.
- Be inspired, educated and empowered through the living experience and environment of our living laboratory
- Discover a renewed respect in how to live in better harmony with the land
- Explore the connection between people and nature, sustainable living and ecological processes that foster personal and community living.
- Investigate how the interaction between the natural environment and built environments shape the land and us.
- Participate in hands-on methods of small scale, organic, vegetable gardening
- Discover a community of plants, animals, weather, water, soil and people, all sharing the land
- Plant for pollinators - the birds, bees and butterflies
- Planning for storage crops, four season harvest and fruit and nut forest
- Cultivating native plants, orchards, tree and shrub care.
- Starting seeds indoors (with lights)
- Explore the basics of companion planting
- Building healthy soil and sustainable horticulture. Making compost, mulch and vermiculture
- Organic pest and weed control: the necessities of summer maintenance
- Wildlife and the chook pen
- Green sacred spaces
- Walk our trails
- Participate in fun, educational activities
- Join us at workshops, such as art in nature, meditation, yoga
- Work and play with us as we conduct our studies and environmental research and restore nature where we live, work and play.
- Gardening gloves
- Gardening tools for weeding and pulling plants out by their roots
- Stacks of newspapers and cardboard for preventing re-growth and weeds in some garden beds
- Saw for cutting larger plants and small trees.
- Power Point Presentation
- Assessment Critea and Definitions
- Session Plans
- Learner's guide, downloadable in PDF format
- Learner's Workbook
- Evidence Document
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.