Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association
AAPA is the Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association, a non-profit organisation.
It was founded by Dr. S Ajit B.A.M.S, P.C.A.S (India) in 1998 and has its patron, Professor Kulkarni B.A.M.S, (India) FIIM.MD (AOU) Ayurved-Varidhi (PhD). Shanti Gowans is the current president of AAPA.
Shanti Gowans is the CEO of The Health institute Australia, Queensland Australia and the author of 26 books including
• Ayurveda for Health and Wellbeing
• Ayurvedic Cooking
• Yoga & Ayurveda Dictionary
• Food for Life - Ayurvedic recipes: food for health, food as medicine, food to enjoy
• Healthy Body - Structure and functions of the human body and the effects of Ayurveda and Yoga practices on it.
The aims of AAPA are:
- To promote and popularise the Ayurvedic system of health care in the community.
- To educate and help people; to promote their wellbeing and health in a natural way.
- To safeguard the interest of Ayurveda in Australasia.
- To assist practitioners of the Ayurvedic system to come together under one umbrella.
- To organise seminars and meetings and to share experience and knowledge.
- To uphold and maintain appropriate standards of Ayurvedic practice.
All who serve the Association, and those on the Advisory Board serve as volunteers, sharing their expertise, knowledge and experience with all, promoting preventative health globally whilst acknowledging the natural health tradition from India. We are all working towards the same goal, spreading the ancient wisdom to modern times, where the practice, education and science of Ayurveda has taken a quantum leap.
AAPA enquiries can be made directly to email@example.com
P.O. Box 270 Southport B.C. Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia 4215
Ph: +61 (0) 7 5531 0511