Ayurvedic Bodywork Training
An Ayurvedically prepared herbal-oil application (abhyanga) nourishes the skin, aids in removing impurities, stimulates both arterial and lymphatic circulation and relaxes the mind and body, promoting overall healing. This treatment enhances the ability of nutrients to reach starved cells and also removes stagnant waste. The desired result is a heightened state of awareness that will direct the internal healing system of the body.
Ayurvedic massage is unique and has a point of difference from any other style of massage. Have you ever wondered whether your using the right type of oil to suit your clients body type? Ayurveda tailors each and every treatment to suit the individual, you can enhance your clients treatment by using easy to follow techniques according to the ancient principles and philosophy of Ayurveda.
The spa industry is in constant search of such talents which can take the industry to newer heights. If you're looking to start a spa/massage business or to develop your existing business this course is for you.
You will be able to introduce something new and unique to your existing clientel and cater to an international level with Ayurveda, India's health care system that has stood the test of time for over 5000 years.
Ayurvedic Bodywork 1 - AYMAS1 Relaxation Treatment Massage
- Basic principles of Ayurveda
- Best Practice - Ayurvedic therapy principles
- Ayurvedic Anatomy and Physiology
- Constitution, Prakruti and Tri-dosha theory
- Structure and function of anatomical systems
- Fundamentals of biomechanics
- Introduction to Ayurvedic bodywork and the Droni
- Brief outline of the history of massage.
- Classical massage movements and hand positions
- Massage oils and pastes
- Giving and receiving Ayurvedic relaxation massage under supervision - includes - Towel technique, Client positioning. Contra indications
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.