- Taming the mind
- Open Space - the unlimited energy of basic wholesomeness
- The Presence Point
- The Path of Awakened Life
- How to connect with your clients with greater empathy and compassion through mindful presence
- Inherent wakefulness. The wind that allows us to ride through life with joy and delight
- Clear Thinking/Understanding, the antidote to confusion.
- How the mind works. The mind and it’s world of direct perception and conceptual interpretation.
- The wheel of life: the dynamic pattern of karma
- Genuine contact with our emotions through working with their underlying energies
- The practice and science of non-duality
- How to teach mindfulness skills to your clients
- How to integrate the teaching of mindfulness practices into everyday life
- How to bring the insights of mindfulness-based therapeutic practices into your life and whorl when dealing with issues such as stress, anxiety and depression.
- to structure meditation courses and workshops
- to lead group meditation
- to perfect lecture techniques
- when and how to lead discussions
- how to help students make meditation a part of daily life
- breathing exercises, including how to use the breath to overcome distractions
- mantra meditation
- tratak, visualisations, subtle energies
- mudras and mandalas
- to understand the nature and function of the mind
- how the mind and body interface in meditation
- asana and pranayama practices specific to meditation
- effects of lifestyle and diet on meditation
- how to encourage students in their meditation practice
- Introduction to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra
- how to organise courses
- teaching methods
- 2 years of regular meditation practice.
- Completion of The Art and Science of Meditation Part 1: The Awakeing Path: Finding Peace in Daily Life
- Basic computer literacy
- An email address
The program is cyclic. Participants can start the program anywhere during the designated program dates, and must continue in sequential order for best regularity of practice robustness, deepening and intensity.
DATES IN 2018
- 2-4 Feb Calm Abiding and The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
- 29 March -8 April Mindful Living, Mindful Being (Ayurvedic detox available)
- Conscious Breathing and Vipassana Meditation
- Spiritualising Anger and Cultivating Shakti
- Mahamudra and the Seven Spiritual Laws of Healing
- 1-3 June Mindfulness Meditation
- 3-5 August Lojong. Training the MInd and Cultivating Compassion
- 12-14 October The Heart Sutra
- 7-9 Dec Peace in Every Breath.
- 1-3 Feb Calm Abiding. Direct Awakening
- 6-14 April Conscious Breathing and VipassanaMeditation
- Intensive Peace.
- The Yogas of the Bhagavad Gita
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Healing for Mind, Body and Spirit
- 7-9 June Cultivating Mindfulness, Anapana-sati
- 9-11 August Training the MInd. Cultivating Compassion. Lojong
- 18-20 October Love is the answer. Peace is the way. The Heart Sutra
- 6-8 Dec Peace in Every Breath
Key Learning Objectives
- Developing awareness
- Disciplined listening
- Understanding emotional intelligence
- Relating to the big picture
- The art of asking questions
- Creating safety and confidence
- The power of silence
- Enforcing accountability
- Striving for the greater good
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.