For the most inspiring experience of your whole life
Become a Certified Meditation Teacher
The Opportunity. The Transformation. The Ownership Experience. The Meaningful Life.
The stress of modern living is ever increasing. There seems to be so much pressure on us, even when we're doing things that are supposed to be fun, such as leisure activities and sports. Additionally, the cost of living is skyrocketing. This is piling on debt, insecurity and stress on so many of us. This kind of stress can have many negative health consequences, including an increased risk of heart attack and stroke, because when we experience stress, the body thinks it's coming from something that poses a threat to our survival, thus it releases the stress horomones adrenaline and cortisol. The problem is that our bodies are designed for stresses that pass quickly. Then we release DHEA which helps us recover. But with financial stress, anxiety, isolation, worry and stress that is constant and chronic, stress goes on and on, and unless you do something about it, it doesn't go away. This means that you need something to help with the stress first, so that you can cope with the financial stress and other issues with a clear mind. Your mind plays an important part. You mental attitude will protect you. Studies show that what you choose to do about stress can also help you live longer and stay disease-free. It is no wonder then, that we seek a life infused with more creativity and inner peace.
Meditation is a path to freedom from suffering that originates in the addictive quality of the mind and our habitual tendency to grasp at pleasure and push away pain. All addictions stem from these roots. The Pure Shanti meditation path offers a spiritual and psychological process of transformation that has proven to be an effective treatment for our human addiction to thinking and the suffering created with the mind. It is one of the most potent tools available for recovering our original wholeness, or God space, the Atman/Brahman project, our Buddha nature. It's all the play of Consciousness. Life itself is the play of consciousness. Consciousness, not matter, is the raw material of the universe. To embrace consciousness fully, is to enable yourself to find fulfilment. The degree of fulfilment you have in your life is an exact match to the amount of consciousness you can access. When you raise and expand your consciousness, then you increase your fulfilment.
Raising consciousness awakens the most marvellous higher faculties of your mind, and your life will respond accordingly. Human life presents an opportunity to have something to do, a mission to fulfil. The measure in which we avoid doing something with our lives is matched in the same degree by a feeling of emptiness. Satisfaction arises from dedicating ourselves to something and doing the best we can to succeed at that choice. If you have this attitude and dedicate yourself to something, then you will increase your consciousness.
So often, with shorter class series, there comes a point where the training offered can exceed the meditation skills of the student, and the instruction becomes a seed for later exploration. This is it. With these ten-month intensives, the meditator will be able to develop the skills needed to directly experience the insight offered as we move through the curriculum. Discover how you can awaken, deepen, raise your consciousness, heal and teach meditation and mindfulness in schools, corporate settings and health centres. Whether you already have an extablished practice or are just beginning, you can benefit. This professional certification program offers a high degree of specialised training in the skills, knowledge and practice necessary to teach a powerful meditation program that anyone can learn. You can become the inspirational teacher, effective educator and trusted mentor, who teaches scientifically proven, time-tested meditation. With this training you can help your students, family, clients and patients discover newfound strength, creativity, inner peace, and greater well-being in their everyday lives.
Each certification program includes 200 hours of deep practice and study. Spend a weekend (five in total), every other month and 10 days over Easter, immersed in meditation retreats at Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary. These, which form the bedrock of your intensive practice, together with you daily practice of simple, easy, every day meditation, will equip you to sow the seeds of peace throughout your community. Practice teaching is mentored by Shanti Gowans.
- To support both the general public and healthcare professionals in their quest for meaning, purpose and fulfilment by enabling partitioners create a gap in their narrative about self and the world, allowing for a clearer and more compassionate perspective, leading to a gentler life.
- To empower participants by awakening them to their individual potentials, freedom of choice and a vision of wisdom and compassion and their own true cosmic nature.
- To help participants build confidence in their discriminative capacity through daily exercise of conscious attention to the thought process and contemplation of their personal experiences.
- To help participants embrace those values that have the power to protect, uphold and transform the individual and society.
- To help participants understand and implement these values through regular, systematic practice of meditation and the sciences of yoga and ayurveda in their daily lives.
- To help participants understand and appreciate that these same values are also found within their own spiritual traditions.
- To build recognition of, and respect for this teaching in the minds of the general public.
- To encourage The Health Institute Australia's administrators, teachers and staff to grow and mature personally in order to serve as an example of this vision.
- To encourage world peace through personal change.
Overview of the Program
THE ART AND SCIENCE OF MEDITATION
Integrating Spirituality and Science
- Meditation. Systematic procedure and practice whereby you learn to diminish distractions, train in one-pointed attention, use meditation skills throughout the day and build focus, fearlessness and strength. Practices include:
deep, conscious breathing to help your body deal with stressful times
heart centred meditation
body and breath awareness
loving kindness meditation
vipassana, and more.
- Vedic Science, Yoga Science and Buddhist Psychology. Discourses on how the mind/mind-body functions for optimal health. The power of the present moment. Building and healing relationships.
- Breathing. Mindful breathing, complete three-part yogic breath and your life force, prana.
- Easy, gentle yoga. Yoga stretches and exercises for muscles, joints, glands and internal organs.
- Deep, conscious relaxation, nidra, for stress reduction.
- Mantra and sacred sounds to create the vibration for optimal success and happiness.
- Mind/Body Care. Lectures and talks incorporating Ayurveda, the science of life, integrating spiritual beliefs and creating a therapeutic plan.
- Dharma Art
- Gourmet Vegetarian Meals. The best tasting, freshest food you've ever had. Every day you'll enjoy a complete menu of delicious, gourmet Ayurvedic vegetarian food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Accommodation. Twin-share. Rooms are fully furnished and decorated. For upgrade to single room accommodation, a surcharge is applicable.
- Silence. Approximately 50% of the retreats require silence.
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations
- Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- An increased ability to relax
- Reduction in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
- Certification from The Health Institute Australia upon the completion of each of the four parts of the training.
The program is cyclic. Participants can start the program anywhere during the designated program dates, and must continue in sequential order for best regularity of practice robustness, deepening and intensity.
- 2-4 Feb Calm Abiding and The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
- 29 March-8 April Conscious Brething and Vipassana Meditation
- Intensive Peace.
- The Yogas of the Bhagavad Gita
- Mind, Body, Spirit & the Seven Spiritual Laws of Healing
- 1-3 June Cultivating Mindfulness
- 3-5 August Training the MInd and Cultivating Compassion. Lojong.
- 12-14 October Love is the answer. Peace is the way. The Heart Sutra:
- 7-9 Dec Peace in Every Breath
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.