Hatha Yoga has the power to develop the full potential of the body, mind and spirit in pursuit of your own unique purpose in life here on the planet Earth. Committed, concentrated and consistent practise will open up the universal energy, intelligence and inspiration that is inherent in everyone. You are a being with unlimited potential. Yoga offers a path for unlocking and expressing this potential in the present moment, in your daily life.
This book: Hatha Yoga for body, mind and spirit begins with a holistic understanding of yoga, giving an introduction to its path and continues with principles and routines for its successful practise. It then offers information about some core postures of Hatha Yoga, guidance and concludes with information for those who may wish to understand and explore yoga at a deeper level.
Not only does this book include detailed information on understanding hatha yoga practices, pranayama, nidra, meditation and personal practice routines, this book is also as a wonderful tool for any yoga teacher who would like to explore the quintessential Hatha Yoga Pradipika translated by Shanti Gowans for the 21st century and beyond. It is a classic Sanskrit manual on Hatha Yoga, in 360 versus, written by Swami Svatmarama, of the original Natha sect, a disciple of Swami Gorakhnath. This is the oldest, complete, text on Hatha Yoga to survive into modern times, and is one of the three classic texts of Hatha Yoga, the other two being the Gheranda Samhita and the Shiva Samhita. The Hatha Yoga Pradipika includes information about asanas, pranayama, chakras, kundalini, bandhas, kriyas, shakti, nadis and mudras among other topics.
• A 'how to' section with clear instructions
• Cautions and contraindications, to help you known if the pose is right for you.
• Benefits to identify the good that will flow from doing the particular pose.
• Beathing instructions in each pose.
• Tips with inside information for a deeper experience.
• Affirmations and philosophical thoughts which helps to focus your mind in healthy ways.
• Complete translation in plain English, of Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the classic Sanskrit manual on Hatha Yoga.