Pregnancy Prenatal and Postnatal
Specialise in the growing niche area of prenatal yoga teaching. Immerse yourself with a group of like-minded women in HIA prenatal workshop intensive teacher training courses. It's fun and practical, and equips you with the tools for safely teaching yoga to women during all stages of pregnancy as well as help them to prepare for birth and beyond. Read more
TEACHING PREGNANT WOMEN IN OPEN LEVEL YOGA CLASSES
BASIC PRENATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - Outline and Format
Yoga is a gift to the pregnant mother, her child and her family, as well as a gift to the yoga teacher. It allow everyone to rejuvenate the body, inspire the soul, integrate the whole.
- The three trimesters
- psycho-physiological and hormonal changes in the mother’s body
- possible body responses to these changes from mum and baby during each trimester.
- Pregnancy discomforts during each stage will be explored along with ways to use yoga, non-traditional methods and traditional techniques to help alleviate these discomforts.
- Anatomy and Physiology in relation to pregnancy and a woman's body
Pranayama, Pregnancy and Birth.
Fetal development: the anatomy and physiology of the growing foetus
Stages of labour and birth
The reproductive system and yoga during pregnancy
- better posture
- increased depth and control of respiration
- increased flexibility
- strengthening the pelvic floor and squatting
- working with asana modifications and props to modify yoga for various stages of pregnancy and birth
- accessible variations of contraindicated poses
- leading and sequencing a prenatal yoga class - 5 prenatal postural groups
- relaxation and mood improvement
- visualisations, meditation,
- Prenatal restorative yoga, appropriate asana, assisting
- daily routine
- Discussions on
- better eating
- pregnancy discomforts and use of asana and pranayama for relief
- tips for labour
partner pre-natal yoga
Gentle massage techniques for pregnancy and labor
- Health precautions and safety guidelines,
- Back problems and pelvic instability during pregnancy
- Other common prenatal complaints
- Following childbirth
- Post natal yoga and ayurvedic care for new mothers: physical, emotional, spiritual
- Yoga for mums and bubs
- Aware parenting.
This course is open to yoga teachers and trainees, or anyone who works with pregnant women and mothers, including midwives, doulas and nurses. Preferably, attendees will have at least one year's yoga practice experience. Pregnant women are welcome to attend, ideally from 14 weeks gestation onwards.
Students will leave confident, qualified and comfortable to teach prenatal yoga.
YOGA FOR WOMEN - FACILITATING & CERTIFICATION
This is a course for women's health in general, to rejuvenate the body, inspire the soul, integrate the whole. From menstruation to menopause with stuff in between.
Includes: the mind-body, anorexia, PMT, healing pelvic floor trauma, re-claiming your power, sensuality, pleasure potential, emotions, mood and endorphins. The reproductive system and yoga during pregnancy, better posture, increased depth and control of respiration, increased flexibility, balance, relaxation and mood improvement; daily routine, health precautions. Following childbirth: Post natal; yoga and ayurvedic massage; yoga mums and bubs; aware parenting.
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.