The children of the earth are literally the future of humanity. And in the face of so many global-level crises, it is vital that we raise them well so they can meet these challenges and forge a future that reflects our highest and best vision for the world. This means going beyond merely ‘good’ teaching and parenting, and instead becoming truly evolved and enlightened teachers, parents and grandparents. However, very few people have received specific training for this level of conscious mentoring. Instead, our minds default to subconscious patterns and limiting beliefs that undermine our efforts to raise happy, conscious kids.
There is a better way.
Shanti Gowans, CEO of the widely respected Health Institute Australia, and founder of Shanti Yoga, lights the path to how we can raise amazing, stellar human beings based on principles of self-actualisation, unconditional love and real wisdom. Shantiji shares perennial principles to empowering the children in your life, how to shape beliefs for happy, conscious, confident kids, and key insights that enable parents, teachers, grandparents and beloved allies to mentor more consciously and effectively, so our children can grow up wise and strong and live their greatest dreams.
Attend Shanti Yoga Children's Teacher Training Courses. These have been developed with over 40 years of experience, equavalent hours of classrooom time, teaching children of all ages. Course registration includes wonderful teaching, content, structure, materials, tools and activities.
FOUNDATIONAL TRAINING - Teach Yoga to Children
- Enrol for the Course
- Initial Training: Two day, weekend intensive. Sat & Sunday 10am-5pm
- A day at Shanti Yoga: Monday 9am-6pm
- Practicum 6 months (minimum)
- Revision Training/Second weekend workshop: Two days
- Assessment: The opportunity to complete assessment activities using role-play and simulations during the second weekend workshop.
- Course Completion Certificate
- Face-to-face training intensive, during Sat and Sunday, 10am-5pm.
- Morning and afternoon tea. BYO lunch for Sat and Sun. Or delicious, healthy, vegetarian, frozen, lunchbox meals are available for purchase @$12 each.
- You will leave with tools, practices and fun techniques to begin using with children immediately. You will then serve your apprenticeship, with home study and practicum designed to be completed in 6-12 months.
Teaching Children's Yoga is different to teaching adult classes. The comprehensive training consists of:
- Outlining the current needs of children and their educationalists today, and how to meet them your yoga class and in your life.
- Learn the fundamentals of the Shanti Yoga way of teaching for the mental, emotional and physical development of a child, and a whole new array of creative ways to connect with children.
- Practicum consists of content, structure and activities that underpin children's Shanti Yoga. You experience being a child again, and experience what a Children's Yoga class is like.
- Includes all the components that make up a great children's yoga class, including yoga postures, movements and exercises (asanas), yogic breathing (pranayama), meditation (antar mauna) and relaxation (nidra).
- Get in touch with your own body's love of movement, wisdom and creativity.
- Experience new ways for you and your children to access inner happiness.
- Be inspired to be a more effective parent, teacher and role model.
- Learn how to create, design and plan classes with passion and enthusiasm. Receive a lesson planning model, templates, scripts, children's yoga stories, tips and ideas that make a huge difference for a fun session of children's yoga.
- Engage, inspire, teach and deliver children's yoga classes that leave each and every child feeling happy, empowered and believing in themselves.
- Life changing experiences
- Invaluable resources.
2 day Initial Training + Revision
20-21 October 2018, 10am-5pm
27-28 April 2019
8-10 November 2019
A morning at Shanti Yoga
22 October 2018, 9am-2pm
The afternoon of Children's Yoga practicum
24 October, 2017, 2-6pm
Training support (optional)
Practicum and Placement
- School holiday program in your home town
- At the Shanti Yoga centre classes
LITTLE YOGIS: PRE-SCHOOL YOGA INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION TRAINING $800
The child learns even before they are born. The brain of a child 0-24 years is a learning machine, and the Shanti Yoga method offer development in social, emotional, physical, intellectual and language foundation and development skills, through bonding, playing productively and happiness for them to grow. Improving your baby's ability to learn, adapt, speak and perform, the software is love, the program is experience.
• TALK: Make the session rich in language, with positive messages in a tone of voice that the child understands as positive. Look for giggles, babbles, words, sentences.
• MORE. AGAIN. repetition, repetition, repetition.
• PROBLEM SOLVING helps brain develop. Watch and wait for a response.
• TOUCH and MASSAGE your baby often.
• Stick to a ROUTINE.
• BOREDOM and TIRED SIGNALS. Learn to read the signs.
• Pay for 'Teach Yoga to Children' Training course in full
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.