About Shanti Yoga
Traditionally yoga was not taught in the usual sense, but is transferred from a yoga master to their student, along the upanishadic lines. Attunement arises after a student sits beside the teacher for classes and practice. Yoga is not dependent on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. Work on your heart and do things from the quiet space within you. Anyone can access yoga, because it begins within yourself.
I’ve taught yoga to thousands of people as well as used my skills to help people overcome a number of health issues which include:
- The most effective way to unify the body, mind, and spirit.
- The ability to allow the body to heal itself.
- An optimised balance of the body’s organs, while the system is naturally harmonised.
- To reduce blocks in energy flow and re-energise the current energy flow throughout the body.
- Ways to increase spiritual growth and emotional clearing.
- To sleep better and wake up fully energised.
- Steps that contribute towards reducing blood pressure and supporting the immunity system.
- Pain and Stress Relief.
- How to combat anxiety and depression.
- To tackle recurring problems, such as asthma, eczema and headaches.
- The secret for minimising side-effects after surgery or chemotherapy.
- Back pain and joint pain relief
The best part is that I’ve put everything I know works into an easy-to-use system and called it Shanti Yoga. With my system you’ll be guided through the process step-by-step of learning to heal yourself (and then others) with the power of yoga and the science of ayurveda.
Even more important is that this system’s uniqueness revolves around the concept that you and everyone can learn how to use the positive energies that are already within you to heal and empower yourself and others. It’s very easy to learn, not physically challenging, combines stillness in movement, breathing, stretching, music and community to create a one-of-a-kind experience,. With the right technique anyone can do it with just a little effort.
Shanti Yoga is the most complete program of authentic wellbeing anywhere. The health benefits from a regular practice of Shanti Yoga are extensive. Your breathing and sleep patterns improve, you experience a decrease in joint aches and pains, and an increase in energy and mental ability.
As an exercise practice, Shanti Yoga is particularly safe and effective. It blends practices that gently and progressively stretches and lengthens your body in a balanced way and specifically improves the function of weaker muscle groups, with both meditative and dynamic movement and yogic breathing. Emphasis is placed on strengthening the muscles of the trunk so that support of the spine increases, plus posture and shape improve. With Shanti Yoga you enhance overall health and flexibility, improve coordination, circulation, balance, weight normalisation and concentration. Shanti Yoga cleanses, relaxes, restores.
Shanti yoga is the practical experience of enhancing healthy wellbeing and offers relief from endocrine and adrenal stress, aches, inflammation, oxidation, tiredness and freedom from common ailments with a minimum of effort. Your healthy options also include peaceful emotions, more limber and flexible joints and an increase of your body's energy, vitality and immunity.
As you move along the path of awakening, you unearth pathologies and destructive behaviours that hugely impact your daily life. If left unresolved, these emotional patterns, continue to live within the mind-body and wreck havoc on your relationships, self-esteem and overall wellbeing. Shanti Yoga helps you heal and break free from these issues and blocks. It's somatic psychotherapy that allows you to perceive and intelligently process emotions in the body, make emotional adjustments during asana practice and cultivate self-acceptance and self love for all the parts of yourself.
The Shanti Yoga Health Institute (THI) is widely recognised as the leading institute of its kind in Australia, conducting multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary teaching, research, community and professional, behavioural and socio-cultural aspects and service programs on yoga, meditation, spirituality and holistic health that are of the highest international standard.
Programs, products and services reflect the inspiration, committment and creativity of its founder and spiritual head of the Institute, Shanti Gowans, who is the driving energy behind its vision. With over 40 years of teaching experience in yoga and meditation, presenter, writer, and practitioner of Ayurveda, Shantiji walks her talk and has created a training centre of national and international significance, a unique sanctuary of healing and sanity, with Shanti Yoga™ underpinning both the health education and the science of mind programs at The Institute.
More and more people from all faiths, back-grounds and different parts of the world are drawn here.
They come for many different reasons, the main four reasons being:
- they want to feel better
- they want to learn more
- they want to belong
- they want to live this way.
We provide experiential learning, creative renewal and rejuvenation opportunities to inspire both visitors and residents and offer emphirical and theoretical education coupled with a daily program of sadhana for spiritual experiences.
Shanti Yoga, is the place
- to live pain free
- to heal - mind, body and spirit
- create holistic health and discover inner peace and truth
- to participate in ongoing activities, which could include gardening, revegitating and restoration programs, bush walking, take in a vegetarian cooking class, enjoy a quiet session of yoga or meditation, Ayurvedic treatments or simply relax on the verandah with a good book and enjoy the tranquil silence.
- to exist within a community or retreat to your chosen dwelling within the grounds of Nirvana
- to enrich, learn, share and inspired in your practices of Yoga, Meditation and Ayurveda
- to develop the skills and insights to live and act in the world with creativity, wisdom and compassion
- to discover yourself and pilgrimages.
- to study and practice the teachings of Shantiji
- to hear Shantiji's inspirational dissertations
- to attend a private or group retreat
- or just have a little rest and relaxation
What is Shanti Yoga?
Acutely aware that much of the eastern language is an impediment to westerner's understanding, Shantiji adeptly presents the practices, philosophy and integration of body, mind and spirit, a complete system of personal development and healthy living and refreshingly does not get hung up on the ego, jargon, formalities, dogma and yet delivers a par excellent, concise experience how a feminine, eastern approach to spiritual growth can transfer to the western world.
To the individual today, this represents a means to greater relaxation, concentration, vitality and self discipline. Shanti Yoga methods help most in coping with the pressures of everyday living. It's gentle and easy but profoundly healing for any body, and on all levels.
The Shanti Yoga Health Institute is international in scope and designed wholly for educational, healing, mental and spiritual wellbeing. You get healthy and strong, both mentally and physically. Certified Shanti Yoga teachers offer private, group and corporate yoga classes as well as specialised workshops. Group classes are therapeutic and focus on using the philosophy and postures of yoga to enhance wellness and healing. By incorporating ayurveda, yoga, nutrition and meditation, we offer those that we work with a balanced approach to health and wellness. You may also reach us directly at 07 5531 0511